SEO summarizes all the activities that contribute to a website getting a high position in search results on Google. This can result from On-Page or Off-Page SEO optimizations. A good SEO strategy helps catapult a website to the top of the search engine results. It can also help to increase the visibility and brand of a company. No wonder that many companies already successfully use SEO to their advantage.
The fact is: Websites without top rankings on Google are rarely or never clicked on. As a result, you lose potential customers who are already actively searching for a product or service.
Advantages of SEO? What are the benefits of Search Engine Optimization?
SEO is a serious traffic channel in online marketing. Today, the use of SEO can even make a decisive contribution to how successful a company is. Therefore, it is no longer a question of whether SEO is even worthwhile. The following key points summarize the advantages of SEO.
- SEO is the future, because users search online: While yellow pages gather dust in the corner, older generations are also using the Internet as a source of information — a rethink has long since taken place: On average, nine out of ten people use Google. Each of them is looking for a solution to their own personal “problem”. The searcher then finds the ideal solution in a product or service. Those who appear directly in the top positions of search results with suitable SEO measures are investing in the future.
- SEO offers users a direct solution: Compared to other acquisition measures, Search Engine Optimization has a clear advantage: The potential new customer does not have to be convinced that he needs the products or services offered — because he already knows it, otherwise he would not be looking for it. Thus SEO acts according to the pull principle.
- SEO is cost-efficient: What many entrepreneurs call the decision against SEO is not least the cost factor. It is obvious that Search Engine Optimization is not exactly cheap. But the investments are worthwhile. Thus, a top position can mean considerable growth for a company, because: In Google’s search results, the positions on page 1 are clicked on — so if your website appears here with the desired added value, you win.
- SEO is measurable: Working with SEO professionals means that all implemented measures and successes are logged, analysed and evaluated. In this way measurable key figures can be created very quickly, on the basis of which the SEO successes can be evaluated.
- SEO strengthens the image and brings new customers: SEO is particularly interesting because of one very special aspect — it increases visibility, and not only at the moment of the search query. Due to the long-term orientation of SEO, searchers come into contact with the company, brand and product name more and more often. It is precisely this form of brand awareness that is a decisive success factor.
SEO in the past vs. SEO today
Sophisticated algorithms enable today’s search engines to answer search queries and usually deliver very accurate results, providing the searcher with valuable information in the midst of a huge source of information.
After search engines had established themselves on the web, the first webmasters began to try to influence the search results. The resulting SEO community quickly discovered that relatively simple measures could manipulate a website’s rankings. The possibilities were uncomplicated and thus led to a profitable model. Thus, website operators were able to achieve a good ranking in the search results with little effort through practices such as keyword stuffing, link spamming, etc.
Over time, search engines such as Google realized that this was not in the users’ interest and began to develop algorithm updates. In recent years, these optimized the quality of the search results more and more, and low-quality websites and optimization measures lost value or were punished in the worst case. Due to the constant development of ranking factors and thus the improvement of search results, Google has become THE search engine and outdated SEO techniques today either have no relevance anymore or even a negative effect.
Overall, it can be said that SEO has become more comprehensive because it is no longer enough to look at the subject from a single point of view. Rather, SEO today is a complex interplay of various factors that must be optimally coordinated.