How Inbound Marketing Can Strengthen the Reputation of Educational Institutions
Competition is getting tougher every year in the education industry, both in the private and public sector. There is also the increasing popularity of MOOCs (massive open online courses) that present even more options to prospective students.
The marketing scene is becoming more fragmented, and it requires everyone to keep up with all the new platforms you should be on to reach teenagers, young adults and continuing education students.
In order to deliver the right message to the right audience, it’s important to stay on top of the latest digital marketing trends, while also having all the basics in place. When you start a campaign to improve your brand reputation and marketing efforts, make sure it’s more than a visual refresh.
As college and university is one of the most significant investments in many people’s lives, the decision-making process goes beyond statistics, and involves trust and emotions.
In order to build trust through your communication, you should pay attention to:
- Being transparent
- Showcase credibility indicators like accreditations and accolades
- Have specific numbers and statistics
- Present testimonials and case studies
- Have a comprehensive and updated online presence
- Stay visible and active in communication
- Use photos when listing staff and faculty members on your website
Embrace Inbound and Content Marketing
A great tool to build relationships and create trust is with inbound marketing with the help of content. There are four steps to increase college admission with inbound methodology:
1. Create an inbound marketing strategy
2. Identify your audience
3. Build your digital presence with engaging content
4. Implement consistent analysis and reporting
Content marketing is the cog in the inbound marketing machine. It helps spread awareness, while building up your image as a reputable and authoritative institution.
Here are a few content marketing trends you should consider when building your content strategy:
- Purpose-driven marketing — share with your audience the mission and values that drive your institution, to create a brand image that people can identify with.
- Video and visual content — visual content has one of the higher metrics for user engagement and social sharing.
- A comprehensive content strategy — use technology and platforms to deliver an optimal user experience.
- Real-time marketing — tie your content to current events to increase awareness.
- Mobile-friendliness — the majority of the college-age segment consume content either cross-platform or on mobile only. Make sure your content and online assets are properly optimized.