Digital Marketing with Basic Website Principles for Legal Professionals
As a legal professional it is easy to get completely lost in the world of digital marketing. Figuring out how to build your online presence and maintain a stellar online reputation can seem convoluted. However some of the fundamentals for a positive online presence can be attained by following simple best practices.
Below are a few pointers translated for the attorney and law firm world.
Don’t Skimp on your Website
Online users generally make quick judgments based on what they see on the internet. As such, your digital presence will have a huge impact on your bottom line.
The website is the first and one of the most important digital assets you might have, whether you are an individual attorney or part of a law firm. The website is your digital card to potential clients. It needs to be good.
When designing your website, think of the visitor’s point of view:
- A visually appealing and easy to navigate website will have the biggest effect on visitors’ first impression.
- Poorly designed interface or pages riddled with glitches is a sure way to lose prospects and their trust
- Overly complicated layouts, unclear navigation cues and poor structure will cause users to have a poor experience and leave.
- Basic design elements such as use of colour, intrusive or appropriate pop ups and having a corporate look have a profound impact on user reactions
Content for your Website
Content depth and overall design go hand in hand. Even if your content is amazing, no one will read it unless your design complements it. Conversely, if your design is great but your content is too superficial, your message won’t reach its destination and users won’t feel enticed to continue turning into a lead for you.
Once your website design is spot on, you have your visitors’ attention and trust. Moving further, the next step is to ensure they’re interested in sticking around for more information.
How to think about your attorney website content?
Your identity and persona is a good starting point in the legal domain. Any attorney or law firm will want to exude a feeling of trustworthiness and expertise. As such, websites that follow these basic policies tend to reflect a credible image:
- Full disclosure of contact information including physical location and address
- Include a telephone number, email address and a contact form
- Be transparent about ownership
- Have a clear mission and purpose
When you are looking at digital marketing for your attorney website, keep website design and website content at the forefront of your mind. Make sure you deliver a great user experience on any device –your law firm website will become an asset that appreciates in value and increases revenues.